Sunday, October 12, 2008

Families Can Be Together Forever


Sometimes you get a spiritual insight at just the oddest places and times and one of those happened to me at the San Francisco zoo. Since some of you were there, but all of you can relate to it, I thought I would share. We had stopped for lunch at a big cafeteria. As it was lunch time, the place was packed with families and kids. I finished eating and went to the restroom. As I returned, I stood on the edge of the giant room filled with talking people (and some unhappy little ones) and looked for my family. I found them and stood for just a moment watching them. They were all laughing at something and looked to very happy to be together. At that moment, it came to me that that is just like it will be when we cross over the veil. We, too, will look for our family and we can all be together, talking and laughing. I have been so struck with that wonderful image, I wanted you all to share. How blessed we are to know the way that families can be together forever!

1 comment:

Maile said...

Holly, thanks so much for posting that wonderful story! I really enjoyed sharing your mental image of our family together, laughing and enjoying each others' company in the life to come. :) I'm so glad to have such a great extended family!

The award!

The award!

Pride of Peoria Award Dinner

Pride of Peoria Award Dinner
Katie and I

Easter at Dan and Aranne's

Easter at Dan and Aranne's
What a lovely day to spend together!