Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pride of Peoria

On St. Patrick's Day, I had quite a wonderful surprise, when in the middle of teaching, the Public Relations person from the district walked in with a video camera followed by my principal with flowers and the people I teach with. I had been named a Pride of Peoria winner! This is the most coveted award in the district as you are nominated by your co-workers. Never had I imagined this! I was given a portfolio of all the nominating letters received on my behalf. Then last Thursday night was the awards dinner. Twenty teachers and twenty support staff were honored. It was truly amazing! I think it was the most memorable event in my career. I wanted to share with you all!

2 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

We know you are a great teacher, but it is always nice to be acknowledged by those you work with. Great job!

Maile said...

Awesome! Congratulations!! That is a wonderful achievement, and to be nominated by your peers...well, it just doesn't get better than that. Way to go!

The award!

The award!

Pride of Peoria Award Dinner

Pride of Peoria Award Dinner
Katie and I

Easter at Dan and Aranne's

Easter at Dan and Aranne's
What a lovely day to spend together!